The table below is the current best guess as to when alumni and current ensemble “got in” and became official ensemble members.
The list was compiled using the UP show history, spanning from 1983 to 2007. The year someone first appeared is when they are given credit for getting in the ensemble, except for the 80s which were based on photos, appearances in videos, and official lists from 1987 to 1990. Exit years, though they don’t show here, were also guessed using these same methods.
What we would like from you
- Find yourself in the table and tell me if I have you
- “in” on the correct year or
- which year you belong in, and
- what year did you leave the ensemble, plus
- If you know how many “got in” from the same auditions as you (such as 11 in 2022), any people you remember who got in with you, someone who doesn’t belong at all, and someone who is missing.
The first three boxes are labeled “unknown.” If you know where someone belongs or if someone there was never an ensemble member, please let me know.
For the purposes of this list, being in the ensemble means:
- You auditioned in an open audition meant to select new ensemble members (not just for a show) or were invited in without an audition.
- You “got in.”
- Your picture went up on the wall.
This particular list is also for actors only. Musicians and tech are not included. I’ll be working on them next.
Also, you will notice a Y when I have that person’s headshot. If you are shown as a N, or Created, and have your old headshot we would love to have it. I’d like to see us add an alumni section to the website in the same style that Second City uses.
Thank you for any help you can give in restoring the alumni list.
You can contact me through Facebook. Search for either “Bill Grinnell Photos” or Bill Grinnell. The profile picture on that is Charlie Chaplin.